Modern building is a sophisticated complex of various engineering systems.
And if these systems are integrated and offer scalability you have an “intellectual building” as a result.
Intellectual building is a new approach to organize the building accommodation support aimed at increasing efficiency and reliability of the services provided by such buildings.
A proper design of accommodation support ES should cope with:
- Economic issues: reducing the costs of adaptation and maintenance (total ownership costs);
- Functionality issues: providing personnel and visitors comfort, increasing business processes efficiency etc;
- Communication issues: providing appropriate access of personnel and visitors to the information infrastructure of the building;
- Security issues: ability of services and subsystems of the building to deal with contingencies, and upon their commencement - to minimize human and material loss.
Generally, an “intellectual” building is expected to have the following support systems:
- Computerized accommodation management system;
- Common structured cable system;
- Power supply system;
- Air conditioning and venting system;
- Water and heat supply system;
- Local area network;
- Time registration system;
- Computerized Branch Exchange (PBX);
- Collective TV receiver and local broadcasting means;
- Security system.